Classic games were the main reason I got an OUYA. I wanted to install every old game I enjoyed as a kid, all the way through some of the “newer” systems, like the N64/DreamCast. One of my favorite games that I have been really wanting to see an emulated version of is Crazy Taxi. The downside to this is that the DreamCast is a pretty complex system to emulate with any quality, even though it only has a 200MHz processor. That’s why I was so excited to see Sega release a bunch of their older games as actual Android games.
The downside to this process is that you have to root the OUYA, which is super easy. There is a little setup involved, though:
- Create a Dropbox account (if you don’t already have one) and create an APK folder in it.
- Put the “Root My Ouya” app in that folder along with the “Xposed Installer” and the “Mod collection for Ouya”
- Go to the Make menu and load up the web browser.
- go to dropbox.com and log into the account that you loaded the APK files.
- Install those 3 by following the tutorials on each of those pages.
- Now you should have Play Store. Log in with a Google Account and download the game. (Click here to download!)
It should work flawlessly right out of the gate, plus it is FREE RIGHT NOW as they are working on a new version…
Try it out and let me know if it works for you!