If you don’t have cable and want to watch HBO you were probably excited to hear about HBO Now. That excitement was probably killed when you heard it would only work with the Apple TV. Users without an Apple TV will have to wait until July before they can access the service. What’s an Android user to do?
One workaround that has been working for Android users is PlayOn. If you’re unfamiliar with PlayOn it’s a subscription service that lets you stream content from Netflix, Hulu, NBC, TBS, and others. PlayOn works through your PC and then slings content to your devices, such as Android and Chromecast. The service now includes HBO Now.
Here’s what you need to do to get HBO Now on your Android device. You will need to have access to an iDevice or someone who owns one.
- Buy the three-month subscription from PlayOn for $9.99
- Install the client on your Windows PC (sorry, no Mac support)
- Use you our your friend’s iDevice to sign up for the HBO Now trial
- Go into the PlayOn settings and click the Channels tab
- Scroll down to HBO Now and enter your username and password
- That’s all there is to it! You’ll need the PlayOn app on whichever device you’d like to watch HBO
After the trial month ends you’ll be charged $15 per month. After the three-month PlayOn subscription ends the Apple exclusivity period will be over. Then you should be able to get HBO Now on more devices without this workaround. Good luck!
from Phandroid http://ift.tt/1CKwzTs