VLC for Android’s latest upgrade should please quite a few people who like listening to videos instead of watching them. You can now have video playback continue in the background even if you leave the app. Why would anyone want to resume playback of a video they aren’t even watching?
For one, it enables folks to listen to music videos that they can’t otherwise listen to. It’s also great for listening to interviews, comedy shows and other content only released on video but are just as effective when simply listening to them.
Here’s a quick list of other changes coming in the latest update:
- Control over audio delay for videos
- A new look for the audio player
- a new album view
- improved search
- More Material Design tweaks
- Simplified video player controller
- New file browser
- Fixed hardware acceleration for TS files
- Support for audio scrobblers
- Fix for browsing SD cards
- Improved logging
- Updated codecs
That’s a lot, so you’ll definitely want to get this thing downloaded as soon as possible. The update is in Google Play right now so be sure to grab it as soon as you can.
from Phandroid http://ift.tt/1QTCoYg