The company is making it easier for users to edit document titles from the overflow menu in each app, which will make this process much quicker and convenient. You’ll now also be able to change the layout of a slide to a predefined layout in the Slides app, as well as reply to comments when using Office Compatibility Mode in Docs.
Here’s the full changelog for these three apps, from Google:
- People can now edit document, spreadsheet, and presentation titles directly from the overflow menu in the top right corner of each app, making renaming files faster and simpler.
- Within the Slides app, individuals can now change the layout of an existing slide to one of several predefined layouts, allowing them to update presentations on mobile more effectively.
- People can now reply to comments when working in Office Compatibility Mode in the Docs app. In addition, when in OCM, suggestions and comments now appear in the Comments panel in the order they were made—rather than as all comments first and all suggestions second.
The updates to these three apps are now rolling out in Google Play, so follow the links below to grab the latest versions.
- Download Google Docs from the Play Store
- Download Google Sheets from the Play Store
- Download Google Slides from the Play Store