If you are at all like me you may spend a little too much time surfing the web. If you love to surf the web as much as I do than you probably already use the StumbleUpon service. If not you will definitely want to start.
StumbleUpon is both a great service for discovering new websites and an addiction. I say addiction because once you start you can’t stop. Traditionally StumbleUpon is a browser addon that sits at the top of your screen and has a button marked (appropriately so) “Stumble”. When you click the button you are taken to a random website. Once there you can either give it a thumbs up or down, or you can write a review of the site.
Sounds simple enough, right? Well what if you could have that same capability in the palm of your hand? Right on your Android device? Well now you can. Simply install the app, log in and all of your favorites are now available to you, plus you can “Stumble” for some new favorites.
Wasting time is not just reserved for at home anymore!
So you are looking to use your Android phone to keep in touch with people? Well there is an app for that… Actually a bunch of apps for that. Whatever social networking service you use, there is probably an official app, along with a handful of unofficial apps. Here I will cover some best of the best social networking apps.
1. Twitter – 140 characters or less? Twitter is arguably the most used social network site out there. Plus they have an official app that is a full featured app, available for free! Download Here!
2. Facebook – (almost) Everyone I know has a Facebook account. It even becomes one of those awkward situations when someone says they don’t have one… So get the OFFICIAL app that has all the great features you know and love (even chat). Download Here!
3. Google+ – The newest social network out there, Google+ is picking up speed, or at least it will once the whole invite only thing goes away… Set up your circles in style – on your android phone with their OFFICIAL app. Download Here!
4. Reddit – Although it doesn’t have an official app, there is an app out there that has some amazing reviews (“Fixed my cat’s blindness”) so I guess you can’t argue with that. So download “Reddit Is Fun” and see and share your favorite sites. Download Here!
5. LinkedIn – For the professional social networker there is LinkedIn, and for the professional social networker with an android phone there is the OFFICIAL Android LinkedIn app. Update your profile and network your self with all sorts of people. Download Here!
6. StumbleUpon – Less a social network and more an addiction, StumbleUpon is a link sharing service that loads up a randomly shared site right in your browser, or right on your Android phone. You can add a site, or stumble through existing sites. Plus give thumbs up and down. Download Here!
7. Myspace – Wait, is myspace still out there? Well for anyone out there that might still use MySpace, there is an app for that. Has all the major site functions built right in, plus it is an OFFICIAL app. Download Here!
8. Last.fm – The definitive social music site. This app was the first to take your music tastes and twist them into a sort of personalized radio station. With this OFFICIAL app you can also share your musical tastes with the built in scrobbler feature. Download Here!
9. Flickr – Although there is no official app for Flickr, there is an amazing alternative Flicka. It provides all the core features of Flickr and it has an amazing user interface. Download Here!
10. Digg – For the time being it appears as if the official Digg app has been pulled from the market, but there are a few to choose from. I wasn’t a big fan of any of them. If I had to make a decision, though, I would go with DiggDroid, or just use the m.digg.com site through the browser… Download Here!